Thursday, August 20, 2015

I Love You





Love does not give up. Love is kind. Love is not jealous. Love does not put itself up as being important. Love has no pride. Love does not do the wrong thing. Love never thinks of itself. Love does not get angry. Love does not remember the suffering that comes from being hurt by someone. Love is not happy with sin. Love is happy with the truth. Love takes everything that comes without giving up. Love believes all things. Love hopes for all things. Love keeps on in all things." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7


This is a quote that is used loosely in the world. Human beings say it with little regard for what it truly means.

Today I had a thought about the Biblical definition of love. I reflected upon all the times I told my husband I loved him, but realized my actions said something different. I was not love to him. I showed no love to him in the moments it mattered. I lied. After admitting this fact I realized what I needed to improve on to be love to my husband AND to show love to him.

Consider who you tell " I Love You." Really reflect on it. Look at your actions. Do they duplicate what 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 models? Do your actions say something totally opposite of what love truly is? Below fill the the blanks with "I." After you fill in the blanks honestly take a look at what your actions confirm on a daily basis.

YOU MUST BE HONEST IN ORDER FOR THIS EXERCISE TO WORK. YOU READY? 


Now Fill in the Blank with " I"
______ do not give up. _____ am kind. ____ am not jealous. _____ do not put myself up as being important. ______ have no pride. _______ do not do the wrong thing. _____ never think of myself. ______ do not get angry. _____ do not remember the suffering that comes from being hurt by someone. ______ am not happy with sin. _____ and happy with the truth. _____ take everything that comes without giving up. _______ believe all things. _____ hope for all things. ______ keep on in all things. 

How were you results? Did you like what you read? In regards to the other person did you find you showed TRUE love? If not, THAT IS OK. There is always room for growth and improvement. I want to encourage you to write down all the reasons YOU FEEL you do not show Biblical love to your significant other. Ask God to reveal to you solutions to get through those obstacles. As you confront those obstacles, you may discover something deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment